Popular BBQ jackfruit recipe:
1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
1 cup jackfruit (packed)
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
Directions for Barbecue Jackfruit Recipe:
1. In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine BBQ sauce and jackfruit, and stir to coat.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until fork-tender or follow manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Drain the jackfruit and transfer it to a bowl.
4. Stir in BBQ sauce and crushed red pepper BBQ jackfruit recipe.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet.
6. Place b b q Jackfruit in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and then use a spatula to flip them over.
8. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
9. Serve BBQ jackfruit on hamburger buns or in pitas with coleslaw.
Nutritional value of BBQ Jackfruit recipes.
A serving of BBQ jackfruit recipes (1/2 cup) contains about 45 calories, 0g of fat, 7g of carbohydrate, 2g of dietary fibre, 1g of protein and 3 mg of sodium.
Additionally, this BBQ jackfruit recipe contains a good amount of vitamin A, niacin, folate and choline. Jackfruit also has minerals like magnesium, manganese and iron which is important for blood.
BBQ Jackfruit recipe can be made in BBQ sauce and then added BBQ spices. Jackfruit is also cooked with other vegetables like potatoes, onions, peas and carrots for a delicious BBQ sauce.
BBQ jackfruit recipe can also be made in the oven. It is cooked in the oven for around 40 minutes at 400 degrees F. The barbecued jackfruit is then served with BBQ sauce.
BBQ Jackfruit recipes can also be made in the microwave. Cut the jackfruit in round slices and place it in a microwavable dish and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
BBQ Jackfruit recipes can be served with BBQ sauce, salad or bread.
Side dishes to enjoy with your barbecue Jackfruit are macaroni and cheese, fried potatoes, mashed potatoes, baked beans, BBQ beans, peas and rice.
You can also enjoy Barbecue Jackfruit as a vegetarian dish with couscous or quinoa.