Think about a delicious veggie pizza with a crispy roll crust, fresh vegetables, and herb cream cheese for its base. This is what you will get from this recipe. Hence, it will be both light and filling, and perfect as an appetizer for dinner. It does not even have to be fancy. What’s important is that it comes out delicious.
What You Need As Ingredients
- 2 cans of crescent roll dough
- 1 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 2 8-oz packs of cream cheese
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped black olives, tomato, bell pepper, or scallions
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°C.
2. Line an 11 x 17 inches of a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
3. Unroll the rolled dough and shape it into rectangles to form the crust of the veggie pizza. Put the rectangles on the baking sheet. Make sure to dough’s seams together.
4. Follow the baking instructions on the package of the rolled dough. It usually takes around 12 to 15 minutes of baking until the dough turns golden brown. Then, remove it from the oven before letting it cool.
5. While waiting for the crust to bake and cool, prepare the herbed cream cheese. Mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, and dry salad dressing mix. Put the mixture in the refrigerator to let it chill. Ensure that all the herbs are well-mixed.
6. When both the crust and the herbed cream cheese are ready, spread a layer of the cheese over the crust.
7. Layer the veggies on top of the cream cheese. This veggie pizza recipe requires that you cover every inch of the cheese-covered crust. Then, sprinkle the cheese on top.
8. Put the pizza in the refrigerator for an hour to chill before cutting it into smaller pieces.
More Veggie Pizza Making Tips
It is best to prepare the crust of the veggie pizza a day before serving it. This will prevent panic baking and allows you to stay relaxed, especially if you’re planning on feeding the pizza to guests. Finally, wrap the crust up and keep it somewhere at room temperature.
Furthermore, it also helps if you make the herbed cream cheese ahead of time. You can store it in the fridge anyway. You can also chop the veggies. As long as you choose fresh ones, they can survive overnight for serving the next day.
When it’s time to serve the pizza, sprinkle the cheese toppings. You can even bring all these ingredients to the host destination. At least you don’t have to hassle the homeowner for their oven. This is how convenient this veggie pizza recipe is! It’s a homemade recipe that you can prepare on-the-go.
More Veggie Pizza Ideas
Vegetables on pizza will always be a healthy and delicious combo. However, there are other combinations that you can follow aside from the ones cited in the recipe above. So, you might want to try the following combos:
- Chopped cherry tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Red peppers, scallions, black olives, and shredded mozzarella.
- Three peppers of different colors, green onions, and carrots.
- Chopped cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes.