Do you think you can eat the recommended daily amount of vegetables with the current meals you’re having now? If you are doubtful about this, you might want to start being inventive in coming up with vegetable recipes.
Nonetheless, this is especially important if you have kids whom you want to teach to fall in love with vegetables. Hence, consider this veggie wrap recipe, impress your kids, and get them to eat more. It’ll do the same for your appetite for vegetables, too.
Furthermore, this wrap with the ultimate veggie is perfect for busy people who can only spare a few minutes to prepare their meals. It is also ideal when you can find lots of fresh vegetables in the market.
Some Veggie Wrap Tips
Look for the kind of flatbread that you like. This will depend on how many wraps you would like to make. So, find the same number of flatbreads, or even more.
Choosing the most suitable cream cheese blend is also important. It needs to work well with lemon, fresh herbs, and garlic. This blend can last you through the weekend so you can make more veggie wraps then.
When buying vegetables, choose ones that have a good staying power. This is especially important if you want to use this veggie wrap recipe as breakfast or lunch the next day for yourself and for the kids.
They need to last overnight and not get spoiled. This tip is crucial if you want to prepare meals in advance. This would be instead of scrambling to get all the ingredients together and trying to wrap them as fast as you can.
Be prepared to add more cheese to your veggie wrap, too, especially if you really love cheese.
The Ultimate Veggie Wrap Recipe
This veggie wrap is full of fresh vegetables and herbed cream cheese. Therefore, you can prepare it as a main course. It usually requires 20 minutes of prep time and 5 minutes of cook time. This recipe will give you four veggie wraps.
- 4 flatbread wraps
- 8 large lettuce leafs
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, julienned
- 4 slices herbed cheese, cut in half
1. Arrange all four flatbreads on any flat surface you can find. Put two tablespoons of cream cheese on each flatbread.
2. Add two lettuce leaves at the center of each flatbread, then the tomatoes. Place them in a single row before adding a layer of cucumbers, sprouts, and carrots.
3. Layer the herbed cheese on top of the fresh vegetable ingredients. Then, roll it. Secure the veggie wrap tightly in a plastic wrap. You may also use wax paper. Put the veggie wraps in the refrigerator until it’s time to eat them or pack them for a meal. Slice each wrap in half before serving.
Why Prepare Veggie Wraps
This veggie wrap recipe is worth trying if you haven’t tried it yet, because of these reasons:
- It’s healthy and delicious.
- Easy to eat, even with one hand, when you are on the go.
- A veggie wrap is loaded with veggies, which alone makes you look forward to their healthy goodness.
- This is a light dish but filling, so you won’t feel weighed down by your veggie wrap lunch.
- It can be cut into quick-sized bites.