A veggie burger is a type of hamburger that uses vegetables in place of meat. The patty may be made from beans, grains, soy, tofu, or a combination of these ingredients. Veggie burgers are often eaten by vegetarians, vegans, and those who are looking for a healthier alternative to a traditional hamburger. Many restaurants now offer veggie burgers on their menus, and they can also be made at home.
The Types Of Veggie Burgers
There are many types of veggie burgers, but some of the most popular include black bean burgers, portobello mushroom burgers, and lentil burgers. These burgers are usually made with a variety of vegetables and grains, and often contain beans or legumes as well. Many veggie burger recipes can easily be made vegan by simply omitting the egg or using a vegan egg replacer.
Different Ways to Make Veggie Burgers
There are many ways to make veggie burgers, but here is a basic recipe to get you started. You will need:
1. 1 pound of ground vegetables (You can use any combination of chopped mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, and spinach)
2. 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
3. 1 teaspoon of salt
4. 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
5. 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil
6. 6 hamburger buns or rolls
To make the burgers:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground vegetables, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Shape into 6 patties.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the patties and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Serve on hamburger buns or rolls with your favorite toppings.
Popular recipe to make veggie burgers
There are many ways to make veggie burgers, but one of the most popular methods is to use black beans. To make a black bean burger, you will need:
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
To make the burgers, simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until everything is fully combined. Then, form the mixture into patties and cook on a greased grill or griddle over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
These burgers are delicious on their own, but you can also top them with your favorite condiments. Try serving them on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and onion for a complete meal.
Another Delicious Healthy Veggie Burger Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy veggie burger recipe, look no further! This recipe is easy to follow and yields juicy, flavorful burgers that are sure to satisfy. Plus, these burgers can easily be made vegan by leaving out the egg.
1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a fork or potato masher until they are mostly broken up.
3. Add the chopped red onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, flax egg, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Mix well to combine.
4. Add the bread crumbs and mix again until everything is evenly combined. The mixture should be moist but not too wet. If it seems too dry, add a little water or additional olive oil.
5. Shape the mixture into 4 burger patties.
6. Place the burger patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush the tops with olive oil.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve on whole-wheat buns with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!